Live With Kelly: Grilling with the Stars Competition
All summer long on Grilling with the Stars, celebrity guests will teach viewers their favorite grill recipes, and the recipe with the most votes will win $25,000 for the charity of their choice. On the first installment, “Melissa & Joey” star Joey Lawrence shared his healthy summer fish tacos. Then, we learned a healthy vegan dish from actress Marilu Henner. Finally, “Sister Act” star Raven-Symone made Divine Honey Lime Grilled Tuna. Today’s Grilling with the Stars celebrity contestant was singer and actress Ashanti, who made Pineapple Chicken Skewers. Ashanti is competing for the Boys and Girls Club of America.
Ashanti: Pineapple Chicken Skewers Recipe
Ingredients for Rub
- 1 tbsp each Old Bay & Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 tsp each Garlic Salt & Garlic Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sazon for Chicken
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
Ingredients for Skewers
- 2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 Red Onions
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 8 large Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- Make the rub/marinade by mixing all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir the marinade into a bowl that has the chicken pieces, peppers, onions and pineapple. Mix thoroughly and cover the bowl. Let it marinade in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, dip your skewers in water and then start building your kebabs. Ashanti likes to start with a vegetable and then alternate between chicken and the fruits/veggies.
- Place skewers on the grill and cook 10-12 minutes, turning over once.
- When cooked thoroughly, squeeze some lemon and lime on top of the skewers, then enjoy!
Ashanti’s easy and delicious recipe is on “Live With Kelly” site. Kelly suggested trying the recipe this weekend, because it’s delicious! Plus, if you love Ashanti’s recipe, don’t forget to vote! She told Kelly that if she wins the trophy, she will put it next to her Grammy Award!