Grilling With The Stars: Raven-Symone
Last week, Live With Kelly kick off the show’s new competition, Grilling with the Stars. All summer long, celebrities will teach viewers one of their favorite grill recipes, and then the recipe with the most votes will win $25,000 for the charity of their choice. On the first installment, Melissa & Joey star Joey Lawrence shared his healthy summer fish tacos. Last week, we learned a healthy vegan dish from actress Marilu Henner.
Raven-Symone: “Sister Act” On Broadway
Today, actress Raven-Symone got behind the grill to teach Kelly and Jerry one of her favorite summer dishes. You probably know Raven from her days on “The Cosby Show,” as Denise Huxtable’s precocious stepdaughter, Olivia.
Since that time, Raven has appeared in films and on television in shows such as That’s So Raven. The busy young actress can now be seen on Broadway in “Sister Act: The Musical.”
Raven Symone: Aviva Center Charity
Raven’s dish is Divine Honey Lime Grilled Tuna, and she is playing for the Aviva Center charity. The Aviva Center is a house in Los Angeles that helps at-risk young girls and their families.
If you love Raven’s dish, don’t forget to vote for it on the “Live with Kelly” site! You could win $300 in cash and a weekly fun summer package!
Raven-Symone: Divine Honey Lime Grilled Tuna Recipe
- 1 tbsp light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- Juice from 2 Limes
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 2 cups Spring Lettuce Mix
- 4 6 oz. Ahi Tuna Fillets
- First, make your marinade by mixing the soy sauce, olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, and ginger together in a bowl. Use half of the mixture to marinate the tuna fillets, but save the other half for the glaze later on.
- Grill your tuna about two minutes each side– tuna should have a slightly raw center. Raven likes to place the fillets on a diagonal, so that the tuna gets those nice charred grill marks.
- When the tuna is done, plate it on a bed of the mixed greens. Then, add the honey and the seeds to the remaining marinade and brush it on the tuna as a glaze.
That’s it– quick and easy! Will you try Raven’s recipe? Don’t forget to vote and to catch Raven in “Sister Act: The Musical!”