Live With Kelly: Grilling With the Stars Competition
Last week, “Live With Kelly” kicked off the show’s new competition, Grilling with the Stars. All summer long, celebrities will teach viewers one of their favorite grill recipes, and then the recipe with the most votes will win $25,000 for a charity of that celebrity’s choice. On the first installment, “Melissa & Joey” star Joey Lawrence shared his healthy summer fish tacos.
Today, actress Marilu Henner joined Kelly and Andy. Marilu, who is known for her role on the hit show “Taxi,” also has an amazing memory condition called Highly Superior Autobiographical Memory (HSAM), and a new book, Total Memory Makeover. Her favorite summer dish is grilled mushrooms with heirloom tomatoes, and she is competing for the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine.
Marilu Henner: Grilled Mushroom and Heirloom Tomato Recipe
Marilu’s recipe is easy, healthy, and full of foods that are packed with brain power. Here’s how to make it:
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 large Portobello Mushrooms
- Mozzarella Cheese (or cheese substitute, in order to keep it vegan)
- Large Container Organic Mesclun Greens
- 3 Organic Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 cups Organic grapes
- 3 cloves of Garlic
1. Marinate the grapes and mushrooms with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Then, add them onto the grill (the grapes can go into a grill basket).
2. Grill the garlic, skin on, with some aluminum foil on the grill. When it’s done, push the garlic out of its skin and into a bowl.
3. Whisk the garlic together with the vinegar, olive oil, and mustard to create the dressing.
4. Using the greens and sliced heirloom tomatoes, make a bed and simply lay your grilled grapes and mushrooms on top.
5. Drizzle with the dressing, and if you like, sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese or a vegan cheese substitute.
That’s it! Quick, easy, and healthy. When he took a bite, Andy joked, “I remember everything!” You can vote for Marilu’s recipe on the Live with Kelly site.