Dr Oz: Gail Simmons Dessert Recipe
Dr Oz spent his show sharing ways that snacks like Pizza Pocket and Peanut Butter & Banana Quesadillas can help you lose weight. At long last, he turned his attention to dessert, and for that he invited Top Chef’s Gail Simmons to share a special recipe she created for Dr Oz fans. Check out her 5 Layer Flat Belly Dessert Recipe.
Gail admitted that she ate 15 desserts per day on the set of Top Chef: Just Desserts. She said that the key is to just take a few bites, so you can enjoy the rich flavors. She created a recipe with the goal of beating belly fat by eating dessert. (That sounds like a plan all Americans can get behind.) Best of all, a one-cup serving has just 150 calories.
Dr Oz & Gail Simmons: 5 Layer Flat Belly Dessert Recipe
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Water
- 4 cups Ricotta (fat free)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup shredded Coconut, sweetened/toasted
- 4 tablespoons Agave Syrup
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup Toasted Oats
- 1/2 cup Flaxseed
- 4 cups fresh seasonal Berries
- 2 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
Directions – Greek Yogurt Cake (Layer 1)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix cake batter, yogurt, and water completely.
- Divide among two prepared 9” pans.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool while in the pans.
Directions – Coconut Milk Ricotta Layer
- In a mixing bowl, combine Ricotta, Coconut Milk, Coconut, and Agave Syrup.
- Combine using a spatula.
- Remove baked cakes from pans and place one in a deep glass dish. Reserve the other.
- Spread half of your Coconut Milk mixture on top of cake.
Directions – Nut, Berry & Chocolate Layers
- In a large plastic zippered bag, mix Walnuts, Oats, and Flaxseed.
- Spread half the mixed nuts on top of cake.
- Follow that with a layer of two cups of fresh Berries.
- Top with half the shaved Chocolate.
- Repeat the process for each of the layers, with the remaining ingredients.
This is a great belly blasting cake, as long as we keep in mind the importance of portion control. It’s got flavor, texture, and favorites to satisfy every craving. Which layer is your favorite?