Dr Oz Snack Suggestions
Dr Oz spent his entire show featuring tasty, affordable, and healthy snacks you can make at home, that might even help you lose weight. Be sure to check out the Apple & Cheese Sandwich and Skinny Dip & Chips recipes he mentioned. Those snacks were designed to be eaten before dinner, but the next munchies are great at different times throughout the day, to keep your body fueled. Check out the Oven Baked Onion Rings, No Bake Chewy Chocolate Truffle, Peanut Butter & Banana Quesadilla and more.
Some of us love salty treats throughout the day. Danielle from the audience said that she always reaches for chips and popcorn as a stress remedy. Dr Oz recommended that she try snacks with low calories but that are high volume.
Dr Oz: Pizza Popcorn Recipe
Popcorn is a quick and easy snack that’s great for a movie night at home. But those calories can add up if you’re not paying attention. With Dr Oz’s recipe, you can get the full flavor and save on calories. Try it for yourself. This recipe yields about eight cups of popcorn, with just 200 calories.
- 3 tablespoons Popcorn Kernels, unpopped
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon each:
- Garlic Powder
- Pop the unpopped kernels. You don’t have to use oil, and it would just add calories anyway.
- In a large bag, combine popped popcorn with pizza seasonings.
- Shake well to distribute flavors.
- Serve while hot.
Peanut Butter & Banana Quesadilla Recipe
Audience member Jennifer said that she likes snacks when she is running out of energy. Dr Oz suggested this recipe as a mid-morning energy booster. Jennifer tried it and gave it her approval.
- 1 small Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Banana, sliced
- Spread peanut butter on the tortilla.
- Top with Banana slices and cinnamon.
- Fold in half and enjoy.
Dr Oz: Oven Baked Onion Rings Recipe
Amanda was Dr Oz’s next audience taste tester. She said that she always reaches for salty treats when cravings strike, such as Chips or Fries. Dr Oz had just the thing for her to satisfy her cravings without all the added calories and fat.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Fiber cereal
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Spice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a food processor, combine cereal and spices. Mix well.
- Place Egg in a shallow bowl. Place spice & cereal mix in a second bowl.
- Dip Onion slices in Egg wash. Then dip in batter bowl.
- Place slices on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until rings are golden.
No Bake Chewy Chocolate Truffle Recipe
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Dr Oz shared a recipe you can make to satisfy that sweet tooth without blowing your diet. It’s actually a Dr Oz approved chocolate recipe that you’ll want to save on your Pinterest board.
- 5 Dates, dried
- 11 Apricots, dried
- 1/3 cup raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Imitation Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
- 1/2 cup Coconut, unsweetened; optional
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts, chopped; optional
- Combine Dates and Apricots in a food processor.
- Add Cacao, Vanilla Extract, Agave and Salt.
- Form the mixture into balls.
- Use Coconut or Hazelnut to add texture and flavor to the outside of the balls, if desired.
That makes more great Dr Oz snack recipes that everyone can try and enjoy. Let us know what you think if you try these out at home.