Live! Thanksgiving Family Recipe Week
Recapo update: For more recipe ideas, try our Thanksgiving Pinterest page.
Live! is getting ready for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday by sharing some easy and delicious recipes that you can add to your table. On the first day of Live’s Thanksgiving Family Recipe Week, we learned how to make Kelly Ripa’s Autumn Squash Soup. Next up was Michael Strahan’s fiance, Nicole Murphy, with her Pumpkin Pudding Crunch Recipe. Nicole said that she learned the dish from her sister-in-law, Jamie, and the dessert has been a family staple ever since.
Nicole Murphy’s Pumpkin Pudding Crunch Recipe
Michael was nervous to join his lovely fiance in the kitchen, but Nicole was calm, cool, and collected. Most of all, she was just shocked to see Michael in an apron! Let’s get started on how you can make Nicole’s Pumpkin Pudding Crunch.
- 2 sticks Salted Butter
- 1 large can Pumpkin Puree
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 large can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon each Vanilla Extract & Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl add pumpkin puree, followed by three eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish, then drizzle the dry yellow cake mix over it, like a topping.
- After melting two sticks of butter, drizzle the butter over the top.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees, and then cool for one hour in the fridge before serving.
- Nicole likes to serve up her Pumpkin Pudding Crunch with a dollop of whipped cream, some cinnamon, and some fresh mint.