Kelly & Michael: Thanksgiving Family Recipe Week
Recapo update: For more dinner plans, try our Thanksgiving Pinterest page.
Kelly and Michael are celebrating Thanksgiving a bit early this week by sharing some great family recipes. First up on Thanksgiving Family Recipe week was Kelly Ripa’s recipe for Autumn Squash Soup. Kelly has admitted that she isn’t the best cook, but this is one easy and delicious recipe that her entire family loves; it’s a Consuelos family staple!
Kelly Ripa: Autumn Squash Soup Recipe
Kelly’s Autumn Squash Soup Recipe is very simple, and uses only basic, fresh ingredients. Squash is one of my favorites, so I think I’ll be trying it out sometime soon. What about you? If you’re planning on adding Kelly’s Autumn Squash Soup to your Thanksgiving table, let us know!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started.
Ingredients For Herb Pouch
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1 Star Anise Pod
- 1 Teaspoon Peppercorn
Ingredients For Soup
- 2 Tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Shallots
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 4 cups Chicken Broth (Kelly prefers low sodium)
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cook finely chopped garlic and shallots in olive oil until translucent, about 2-5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, then the herb pouch (simply wrap herbs in cheese cloth to make the pouch). Then add salt and pepper to taste, and cubed squash.
- Partially cover and let simmer for 25-30 minutes until soft.
- Remove herb pouch and use an emulsifier to blend until smooth.
- Serve in hollowed out pumpkins for a great decorative touch (Kelly’s kids love that). You can top with creme fraiche, or try Kelly’s method: a drizzle of honey and toasted pepitas.
Kelly served Michael her soup and told him to be brutally honest. However, she had nothing to worry about, because Michael loved it. Kelly’s Autumn Squash Soup seems like the perfect, comforting fall dish to serve your family.