Today Show: Christmas Cookies
Today Show invited Deborah Stallings Stumm, author of The Super Mom’s Guide To Simply Super Sweets and Treats, to share some Christmas cookie ideas in time for Santa. She made Christmas Tree and Santa Cookies. You can also try Powdered Sugar Snowmen and Reindeer Pops.
“We’re all about perfectly imperfect moms,” Deborah said. “All of our ideas, you take store-bought ingredients, you transform them into mini masterpieces.”
Today Show: Super Mom’s Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 1 package White Fudge Covered Oreos
- 1 can Green Decorator Icing with Star Tip
- 1 bag Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 bag Hershey’s Kisses
- Wax Paper
Super Moms: Today Show Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe Directions
- Unwrap a Hershey’s Kiss and place it in the center of a White Fudge Oreo. (I think you might need to use white frosting to get that and the coconut to stick to the cookie. Alternately, you could use regular Oreos and dip them in melted white chocolate.)
- Add shredded coconut around the Kiss.
- Pipe green frosting over the Kiss so that it resembles a Christmas tree.
- Use sprinkles as the ornaments to decorate each tree.
Today Show: Super Mom’s Oh-So-Easy Santa Cookies Recipe Ingredients
It’s all about piping to dress up some store-bought favorites and make them even sweeter for your holiday celebrations. Willie Geist said he loved that you don’t have to bake your own cookies from scratch.
- 24 Nutter Butters
- 48 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 can White Icing
- 24 Red Hots
- Red Sprinkles
Super Moms: Today Show Oh-So-Easy Santa Cookies Recipe Directions
- Place the star tip on your frosting tube. Cover the top 1/4 of the cookie with white frosting and smooth it with a knife.
- Add red sprinkles for Santa’s hat, and add a dot of white frosting as the hat’s ball.
- Pipe a line of white frosting under the hat to form its trim.
- Use a tiny bit of frosting to stick two mini chocolate chips in place as eyes.
- Use frosting to stick a Red Hot in place for the nose.
- Apply white frosting in the bottom 1/3 of the cookie to form Santa’s beard.