Today Show: Parents Magazine Holiday Cookies
Parents Magazine food editor Jenna Helwig joined Kathie Lee & Hoda to make some holiday cookies, like Melted Snowman Cookies and Sandwich Cookie Snowglobes. Also try Marshmallow Dreidels and Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies.
Today Show: Parents Magazine Sandwich Cookie Snowglobes Recipe
This is a no-bake recipe that is great for the little artist in your family. Who knew there were edible markers? “When I was born in 1852, we didn’t have any of this stuff,” Kathie Lee said.
- 1 White Fudge Oreo
- Vanilla Candy Melts
- 1 Grasshopper Fudge Mint Cookie
- Sprinkles and/or Edible Glitter/Paint
- Spoon warm vanilla melt onto the Oreo. Sprinkle with glitter in the shape of a snow bank.
- Decorate with shapes such as penguins. Use vanilla melts as glue. Or draw on the Oreos using edible markers.
- Paint vanilla melt on the side of the Oreo and put it on top of the grasshopper cookie to create a snowglobe look.
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Parents Magazine Melted Snowman Cookies Recipe Ingredients
“These cookies are great,” Jenna said of the Melted Snowman Cookies. Fruit leather makes a scarf, and the finished product looks great.
- 3 16 1/2-oz tubes refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- 6 tbsp Meringue Powder
- 3 tbsp Warm Water
- Black Food Coloring Paste
- 48 Marshmallows
- Orange Rolled Fruit Leather (in 6 pieces)
- 2 16-oz packages Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Orange Food Coloring Paste
- Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate pieces
Parents Magazine: Today Show Melted Snowman Cookies Recipe Directions
- Bake sugar cookie dough as directed and let it completely cool.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar with cream of tartar and meringue powder.
- Add water and vanilla. Beat on low to combine. Then beat on high for eight or nine minutes, until stiff.
- Transfer 1/2 cup icing to a bowl and tint it black with the black paste.
- Transfer 1/4 cup icing to a separate bowl and tint it orange with the orange paste.
- Transfer icings to separate zip-top freezer bags. Seal and snip off one small corner from each bag for piping.
- Use black icing to create dots on each marshmallow as eyes. Use orange icing to pipe a thin vertical nose line. Let icing dry for about half an hour.
- Stir 3 tbsp warm water into the leftover white icing to thin it for spreading. Spread it to make a puddle shape on each cookie.
- Pipe black icing on the sides of each cook to make arms. Use a toothpick to help make tips for the arms.
- Place a marshmallow near the top of each cookie, over the icing.
- Set three chocolate pieces, with tips down, in a line down the middle of each cookie to create buttons.
- Wrap a strip of fruit leather around each marshmallow for a scarf effect.
Leave a Reply