Kathie Lee & Hoda: Today’s Holiday Kitchen
From Parents Magazine, food editor Jenna Helwig joined Kathie Lee & Hoda in Today’s Holiday Kitchen with some festive cookie ideas you can have your kids help with. Look at Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies and Marshmallow Dreidels. Also try Sandwich Cookie Snowglobes and Melted Snowman Cookies.
Today Show: Parents Magazine Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies Recipe Ingredients
Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies “are gluten-free,” with “only three ingredients,” Helwig said as she had her daughter help with the demonstration.
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 beaten Egg
- 1 cup Sugar
- Mini Pretzels
- Red M&Ms (or use Red Hots)
- 48 Candy Eyeballs
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Today Show Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Beat peanut butter with sugar on medium in an electric mixer.
- Beat in the egg.
- Shape dough into two dozen balls.
- Arrange six dough balls on a cookie sheet.
- Press the dough to shape each ball into a long triangle.
- Place pretzels on the tops to form antlers.
- Bake about eight minutes, until just set.
- While cookies are warm, add candy eyeballs and red candies to make noses.
- Let cookies cool. Repeat steps to use the remaining dough.
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Parents Magazine Marshmallow Dreidels Recipe Ingredients
If you need a fun and kid-friendly Hanukkah dessert, try these Marshmallow Dreidels.
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Milk
- 12 Pretzel Sticks
- 2 tbsp soft Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 12 large Marshmallows
- 12 Hershey’s Hugs
- Blue & Silver Decorating Sugar
Parents Magazine: Kathie Lee & Hoda Marshmallow Dreidels Recipe Directions
- Whisk powdered sugar with milk, butter, and vanilla to create a smooth icing.
- Press one pretzel into one marshmallow. Brush the marshmallow with frosting and roll it in the blue or silver sugar until evenly coated.
- Use a dab of frosting to affix a Hershey’s Hug to the marshmallow.
- Let rest 30 minutes so that the frosting dries.
- Repeat steps with remaining ingredients.
Leave a Reply