The Chew: Carla Hall Chicken Fried Chicken Recipe
As a Southern girl, Carla Hall said that she grew up on chicken fried dishes like the one she made on the show. Check out her approach to this Chicken Fried Chicken Recipe, with a Broccoli Salad Recipe on the side, in its own vinaigrette.
Carla Hall Chicken Fried Chicken Ingredients
- 5 Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Chicken Seasoning
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew Chicken Fried Chicken Recipe Directions
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and pound them thin.
- Use salt and pepper to prepare the chicken. Season with chicken seasoning as well.
- Dredge breasts in flour, then eggs, then in flour again.
- Let sit about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high, to 350 F.
- Cooking in batches, cook breasts until golden brown on each side.
- Let chicken rest on a wire rack to drain oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a few tablespoons of oil, return pan to stove on medium high.
- Use an equal amount of flour in the pan, whisking with oil.
- Add chicken stock and boil.
- Whisk constantly and reduce to a simmer.
- As mixture thickens, add thyme and milk.
- Whisk until gravy reaches desired thickness.
- Adjust seasonings and remove thyme before serving.
Carla Hall: The Chew Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- 2 heads Broccoli
- 2 Carrots
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 Lemons
- 1/3 cup Pecans
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
The Chew: Carla Hall Broccoli Salad Directions
- Trim broccoli and slice stems thinly using a mandolin.
- Chop florets for the salad.
- Combine sunflower seeds with pecans, raisins, onions, and carrots.
- Mix juice and zest of two lemons with garlic, mustard, and honey.
- Slowly mix in oil, and finish by seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Use dressing to coat salad before serving.