Live! with Kelly & Michael: Maria Menounos The EveryGirl’s Guide to Life
In her book The EveryGirl’s Guide to Life, Maria Menounos equips women with the power to take control of their life. No more nights of fast food because you are too tired from work to make a healthy meal. Menounos and her mother came up with healthy recipes that can be made ahead of time and that keep well, and she shared one on Live! with Kelly & Michael.
This Chicken with Eggplant wrap recipe is really simple, full of flavor, and sure to satisfy. You can make it one night and eat it all week. Just keep in in the freezer or fridge until you’re ready to nom.
Maria Menounos Chicken with Eggplant Wrap Recipe Ingredients
- 2 big, long eggplants; sliced the long way (1/8 of an inch—about 5-7 slices)
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced, or vegetarian with Portobello mushrooms (sauté them first)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper or ½ teaspoon seeded and diced jalapeños
- 1 cup of feta cheese
For the tomato sauce:
- One 7-ounce can tomato sauce, or fresh 6-8 fresh tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes
- One 10 to 12 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Kelly & Michael: Maria Menounos Chicken with Eggplant Wrap Recipe Directions
- Now that you’ve got the eggplant cut, spray or brush them with oil and place them in a baking dish. Bake until they get some color and are soft. This should take about 10 minutes, then take them out to cool. You’re going to use them to wrap.
- In a saute pan, cook the chicken in 1/4 cup of oil until golden on all sides. Add the onion, spices and peppers. Cook for a few minutes and allow to cool.
- Take a tablespoon of the chicken and place in the middle of an eggplant slice. Roll the eggplant around the chicken and place the wrap in the baking pan. Repeat until you are fresh out of chicken.
- For the sauce, take a small saucepan and cook all of the ingredients over medium heat for seven minutes. Spoon the sauce over the eggplant rolls and sprinkle the feta cheese on top of everything.
- Bake this for 30 minutes at 350 F, then it’s ready to enjoy on the spot or later in the week!