Jimmy Fallon: The World Cup Criticism
The World Cup is two days away. The US men’s soccer team is facing some criticism. They have seven players who have citizenship in two countries. Fallon said that the coach, Jurgan Klinsmann, who clearly has a foreign sounding name was shocked. It was hilarious. He and Steve Higgins started talking about Joey Clams again, but in foreign accents.
Tonight Show: Forrest Gump Rerelease
Paramount is planning to rerelease Forrest Gump this year for its 20th anniversary. It’ll be back in theaters, which is great because “before, if you wanted to see Forrest Gump you had to turn on your TV at literally any time of the day.” This was so true and so funny.
Jimmy Fallon: Jamaica Legalizing Marijuana
Lawmakers in Jamaica are considering a bill that will legalize marijuana. Fallon had to repeat that to get the full effect. “In related news, lawmakers in Italy are considering a bill to legalize spaghetti, and lawmakers in Ireland are considering a bill to legalize whiskey,” Fallon joked. It’s very exciting. He did an Italian accent. They started to cheer for Joey Clams again for no reason, but stopped after one.
Tonight Show: Largest Video Game Collection Sale
A guy in New York was selling the world’s largest video game collection, which has 11,000 games. That’s a lot of video games! He doesn’t really want to sell it, “but he has to find some way to pay for his divorce,” Fallon said. That was so funny.
Jimmy Fallon: Ed Sheeran
Fallon talked about his upcoming guests. Ed Sheeran will be on the show. Fallon was his first appearance in the US! “I think he was, like, four,” Fallon said.
Tonight Show; Pros and Cons of Going to the World Cup
Fallon did Pros and Cons. He did the pros and cons of going to the world cup. It starts this week in Brazil. “Millions of people will be watching. Dozens of them Americans,” Fallon joked. It was spot on.
- Jurgan Klinsmann is the coach of Team USA.
- Team USA promised their dads a win for Father’s Day.
- The field will be quickly narrowed down.
- Fútbol is very popular in America.
- If Russia wins, Vladimir Putin has promised each player on the team a generous gift.
- Many stadiums will be BYOB –“Bring your own beer.”
- Soccer is the most popular sport in the world.
- Ghana has eliminated the U.S. from the previous two World Cups.
- And also a dresser at Ikea.
- Or at the very least a tie. This was great.
- Or as that’s also known, “a Brazilian.”
- But not as popular as búsketbal and húckey.
- Life. That was great. That’s a lot of pressure.
- Many stadiums will be BYOS- “Build your own stadium.”
- It’s the 12th most popular sport in America, between Cornhole and Quidditch.
- They’re probably Ghana do it again. That was great.
Check out the video here: