Today Show: Super Moms 360
Deborah Stallings Stumm, founder of the Super Moms 360 blog, visited Today Show with some fun decorating ideas for kids and parents. Try Powdered Sugar Snowmen and Reindeer Pops. Also be sure to look at Christmas Tree Cookies and Santa Cookies.
Today Show: Super Mom’s Powdered Sugar Snowmen Recipe Ingredients
It’s not hard to turn some powdered sugar donuts into snowman decorations. See for yourself.
- Powdered Sugar Donuts
- Black Decorator Icing
- Wooden Skewers
- Green Decorator Icing (or choose another seasonal color)
- Candy Corn
Super Moms: Today Show Powdered Sugar Snowmen Recipe Directions
- Stack three powdered donuts on each wooden skewer.
- In the hole of the top donut, place a piece of candy corn to make a carrot nose.
- Use black icing to draw two dots for eyes and a few more dots as a smile.
- Place gumdrops in the two other donut holes as buttons.
- Use the green icing to draw a line in between the top and middle donut for the snowman’s scarf, followed by a tail.
- Serve on a tray for presentation.
Today Show: Super Mom’s Reindeer Pops Recipe Ingredients
- 1 bag Pretzel Twists
- 24 large Marshmallows
- 48 Sugar Candy Eyes
- 1 bag Milk Chocolate Chips
- 24 Cookie Pop Sticks
- 24 Cinnamon Drop Candies
- Baking Sheet
- Wax Paper
Super Moms: Today Show Reindeer Pops Recipe Directions
- Break pretzels to form antler shapes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl, stirring every 30 seconds for one and a half to two minutes, on about 70% power.
- Insert cookie pop sticks into the bottoms of your marshmallows.
- Dip marshmallow pops into the melted chocolate so they are completely coated. Use a spoon to smooth out an even layer as needed.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Put a pair of pretzel antlers down on the wax paper and press a marshmallow down to secure them on its sides.
- Add candy eyes and a nose to the marshmallow. Repeat the steps with the rest of your ingredients.
- Let these set for at least one hour in the fridge before gently pulling them off the wax paper.