Today Show: Sunny Anderson
Sunny Anderson was in Rockefeller Plaza for Today Show with some winter tailgating ideas. You may know her as a co-host of Food Network’s The Kitchen, or from her numerous visits with Rachael Ray. She shared Nacho Cheese Hot Dogs and a Bloody Mary Bar with Matt Lauer. Plus, try out her Chili Pie in a Bag and Root Beer Chicken.
“What I love to do with a tailgate is a make-it-your-own experience,” Sunny Anderson said. “Lots of foods that people can personalize once they’re done cooking.”
Today Show: Sunny Anderson Nacho Cheese Hot Dogs Recipe
Taco seasoning and lime juice dress up classic hot dogs in this simple Nacho Cheese Hot Dogs snack. You could easily make this on a portable grill. Hopefully the hot dogs will split during cooking, helping you fill them with nacho toppings.
“If you’re worried about making a mess, this is not the meal for you,” Matt Lauer said.
Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 1 16-oz block cubed Velveeta
- 2 tbsp Choula Hot Sauce
- 1 10-oz can Rotel (or diced chilies and tomatoes)
- Hot Dog Ingredients
- 6 Hot Dog Buns
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 6 plump Hot Dogs
- 1 packet Dry Taco Seasoning
- Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup chopped Rotisserie Chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped Plum Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Mexican Crema
- 2 cups crushed Tortilla Chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled Jalapenos
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- Combine cheese sauce ingredients on medium in a pot, stirring for about 15 minutes while everything melts together.
- Heat a grill on medium high and cut a slit along the length of each hot dog (do not cut all the way through).
- Brush hot dogs with lime juice and sprinkle them with taco seasoning.
- Grill until they plump and blister, about nine minutes.
- Wrap buns in foil and toast them over indirect heat for five minutes or so.
- Place a hot dog inside each bun and dress with cheese sauce and the toppings of your choice.
Today Show: Sunny Anderson Bloody Mary Bar
“Bloody Marys are all about hair of the dog, and tailgating usually happens in the morning,” Sunny Anderson said as she introduced her Bloody Mary Bar.
Bloody Mary Ingredients
- 16 oz Vodka
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Hot Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 30 oz Tomato Juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- Celery Salt
- Chili Powder
- Lemon Pepper
- Lemon Wedges
- Lime Wedges
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Hot Sauce
- Caper Berries
- Cucumber Spears
- Pickled Green Beans
- Lime Wedges
- cooked, chilled Shrimp
- Vienna Sausages
- Stuffed Olives
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Celery Stalks
- Pickle Spears
- Pickled Okra
- Chicken Wings
- Combine Bloody Mary ingredients in a pitcher and stir. Chill before serving.
- Arrange rimming options on plates or shallow dishes. Rim each glass with a citrus wedge and roll it in the rim topping of your choice.
- Add ice to each glass and fill with Bloody Marys.
- Finish with your choice of garnish options.