Today Show: Sunny Anderson Tailgating
Chef, cookbook author, and TV personality Sunny Anderson went tailgating with Matt Lauer on Today Show, where she shared her ideas for Easy Chili Pie in a Bag and Root Beer Chicken. For the rest of her menu, look at Nacho Cheese Hot Dogs and Bloody Marys.
Today Show: Sunny Anderson Easy Frito Chili Pie in a Bag Recipe Ingredients
“This is my Texas high school days in a bag right here,” Sunny Anderson said of her Easy Chili Pie in a Bag. Use turkey or chicken instead of beef, if you want to make it lighter. Then everything gets assembled in a single-serving bag of Fritos corn chips.
Matt Lauer seemed to really enjoy taste testing this recipe during the show, in part because it looked like a very cold morning in New York. I think that proves this is a perfect cold-weather snack.
- 1/2 cup chopped White Onion
- 1 clove grated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 lb Ground Chuck
- 1 chopped Beefsteak Tomato
- 1/2 cup Beer
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 pitted, chopped Avocados
- 6 single-serving bags Fritos Corn Chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Jack Cheddar cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sliced Black Olives
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 cup shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 1/2 cup fine chopped Scallions
Sunny Anderson: Today Show Easy Chili Pie in a Bag Recipe Directions
- Heat onions with oil, salt and pepper to start the chili. Cook about seven minutes to get the onions tender.
- Add chili powder, garlic, and beef.
- Brown beef and crumble it as you cook.
- Add cornstarch, tomato, beer, and broth. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes, until it starts to reduce.
- Toss avocado in lime juice.
- Add chili and your choice of toppings to each bag of corn chips and serve immediately.