Today Show: Southern Living
Today Show: Southern Living Gingerbread Linzer Cookies Recipe Ingredients
Carson Daly deflated the plans for these cookies, pointing out that you can just buy them at the store. But if you want to make them at home with love, here is everything you need to do that.
- 3/4 cup soft Butter
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/4 cup Lemon Curd (or use Orange Marmalade)
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Cloves
- Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Southern Living: Today Show Gingerbread Linzer Cookies Recipe Directions
- Beat butter on medium with a mixer until it’s creamy. Beat in brown sugar, followed by molasses and egg.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour with baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt. Slowly add this to the butter mix, beating each time you add a portion.
- Divide dough into two equal parts and flatten them into discs. Wrap in plastic and chill about three hours.
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Place one dough disk on a flour-dusted prep surface and roll it out to 1/8” thick.
- Use a 2 1/2” fluted round cutter to shape the cookies from the dough. Arrange them 2” apart on prepared baking sheets. Repeat steps with the second dough disk.
- Cut the centers out of half the cookies using a 1 1/2” bell shaped cookie cutter.
- Bake at 350 F for around nine minutes, just until edges are set. Let cookies cool on baking sheets about two minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to fully cool.
- Spread each of the solid cookies with 1/2 tsp lemon curd. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cutout cookies. Top each solid cookie with a cutout cookie to make a cookie sandwich.