Today Show: Tailgate Menu
Beau MacMillan from Arizona’s Sanctuary prepared Pork BLTs, along with Grilled Shrimp and Poblano Grits for a Today Show tailgate party. For more menu options, try Fried Chicken Sliders, Salmon Sliders, or Clam & Bacon Dip.
Today Show: Beau MacMillan Pork BLTs Recipe Ingredients
- 12 Egg Slider Buns
- 3 lb fresh Pork Belly
- 1 cup Sugar
- Citrus Zest
- 1 cup Hot Sauce
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 head crisp Butter Lettuce
- 1 cup Kosher Salt
Tomato Jam Ingredients
- 2 cups chopped Roma Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped Shallots
Beau MacMillan: Today Show Pork BLTs Recipe Directions
- Combine salt, sugar, hot sauce, and rosemary with citrus zest to create a rub.
- Marinate pork belly in the rub for at least two hours, chilled.
- Remove pork from the rub and grill or roast at 420 F for at least 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into slabs like bacon. Brush with hot sauce.
- Combine tomato jam ingredients.
- Place a portion of pork on each slider. Add a lettuce cup topped with tomato jam and serve.
Today Show: Beau MacMillan Arizona Grilled Shrimp & Poblano Grits Recipe
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped Garlic
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 lb cleaned, deveined Extra Colossal Shrimp
- 1/2 bunch chopped Parsley
- Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Olive Oil
Poblano Grits Ingredients
- 1 cup Anson Mills Grits
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 oz Goat Cheese
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup roasted Poblano Peppers
- Place milk in a saucepot and bring it to a boil. Stir in grits, poblano, and goat cheese.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, cooking about 30 minutes. Stir in butter at the end.
- Combine marinade ingredients and apply them to the shrimp. Chill and marinate for at least two hours.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and grill. Serve over grits.
Leave a Reply