Today Show: Family Circle
Today Show: Family Circle Marshmallow Santa Pops Recipe Ingredients
“This is just actually fun Santas with marshmallows,” Regina Ragone said. It seems like a fun project that could keep the kids busy for awhile.
- 18 White Marshmallows
- 12 Pink Marshmallows
- 1 cup Red Candy Melts
- 1 cup White Pearlized Sprinkles
- 1 4.25-oz tube Brown Decorating Icing (or use Black Icing)
- 12 white Lollipop Sticks
- 6 White Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Vanilla Frosting
- 12 Red M&Ms Minis
- 1 piece of Styrofoam
Family Circle: Today Show Marshmallow Santa Pops Recipe Directions
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Use scissors to cut six large white marshmallows in half.
- Insert a stick into the center of the uncut side of each of these marshmallow halves, going about 1 1/2” deep.
- Thread a pink marshmallow and a whole white marshmallow on each stick. The ends of the sticks should remain covered by the whole white marshmallows.
- Working from opposite sides, cut a corner out of each whole white marshmallow to create a triangle for Santa’s hat on each of the 11 treats.
- Cut mini marshmallows in half and set them aside.
- Microwave red candy melts, stirring at 10-second intervals, for about one minute of cooking time.
- Dip the top of each assembled stick in red candy just to cover the hat portion. Return sticks to cookie sheets.
- Place a mini marshmallow half on top of each coated marshmallow to form the tip of the hat.
- Repeat steps for the remaining Santa treats. Chill for about five minutes in the fridge.
- Set white sprinkles in a shallow bowl.
- Transfer vanilla frosting to a zip-top bag. Press out air before sealing. Cut out the tip of a bottom corner to create a piping bag.
- Pipe a thin line of frosting around the edge of the red candy and press sprinkles into the frosting.
- Use frosting to outline a beard, mustache, and hair on the marshmallows, covering the frosting trail with sprinkles, gently pressing them in place.
- Add a red M&M for the nose and create two eyes using icing.
- Press sticks of finished Santas into styrofoam for easy transport or display.