Today Show: Weekly Meals With Top Chef Winner Stephanie Izard
The Today Show invited Top Chef winner Stephanie Izard on the show so she could go over four great recipes to keep you satisfied all week. Check out all her delicious recipes below.
Today Show Grilled Chicken With Blueberries and Snap Peas Recipe
Today Show Grilled Chicken With Blueberries and Snap Peas Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, cut on a bias into thin strips
- 1 cup shaved radish
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup chiffonade sorrel
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
Today Show Grilled Chicken With Blueberries and Snap Peas Directions:
To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, shallot, lemon zest, mustard, honey, a pinch of salt and pepper and Sriracha.
To make the salad:
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Grill the chicken about six minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into strips.
- In a medium bowl, carefully toss the peas, radish, blueberries, sorrel and pine nuts with the dressing. Top the salad with the sliced grilled chicken.
Today Show Chicken and Leek Stew With Crispy Noodles Recipe
Today Show Chicken and Leek Stew With Crispy Noodles Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 chicken legs
- 2 chicken thighs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 dried thai chilies
- 1 1/2 cup dry elbow macaroni
- Blended oil for frying
Today Show Chicken and Leek Stew With Crispy Noodles Directions:
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken and set aside. Add the leeks and cook until they are slightly softened. Add the wine and simmer to reduce by half. Add the chicken, broth and chiles, increase the heat and bring everything to a boil. Reduce to low, cover and simmer until the chicken easily pulls from the bone and is no longer pink inside, about 1 ½ hours.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the macaroni to al dente. Drain and toss the noodles with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Heat the blended oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit in a deep fryer. Once the noodles are fairly dry, fry them in small batches until crisp and light brown, draining them on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Remove the chicken and set aside to cool slightly. Strain the broth through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean pot. Discard the solids.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, pull all the meat away from the bones and skin, then put the meat back into the broth.
- When ready to serve, divide the crisp noodles among bowls and ladle the soup over the noodles.
Today Show Chilaquiles Burgers Recipe
Today Show Chilaquiles Burgers Ingredients:
- 2 pound ground beef
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thick cut tortilla chips
- 4 burger buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup jarred pepperoncini, chopped
Today Show Chilaquiles Burgers Directions:
- Form the ground beef into four 8oz burger patties.
- Prepare a grill for direct heat or set a grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the burgers on one side with salt and pepper. When hot, add the burgers to the grill, seasoned side down. Season the other side of the burger with salt and pepper. Cook to desired doneness.
- In a medium skillet, heat the marinara sauce (recipe below) over medium heat. Add the butter and stir until it is melted. When the butter is melted add the chips to the pan. Gently stir the pan to coat the chips while taking care not to break them. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Sandwich the cooked burgers between the buns, topping with cheese, the chilaquiles and the chopped pepperoncini.
Today Show Eggplant and Okra Stew With Noodles Recipe
Today Show Eggplant and Okra Stew With Noodles Ingredients:
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon The Chee or sambal
- Vegetable oil
- 2 Japanese eggplants, stem end trimmed, halved length wise and sliced 3/4-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 12 pieces okra, stem end trimmed, halved lengthwise
- Chap Chae Noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup gordal olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
Today Show Eggplant and Okra Stew With Noodles Directions:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the tamari, sherry vinegar and The Chee.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add two 2 tablespoons of oil. When hot add the eggplant. Cook, tossing the pan occasionally until browned, about six minutes, adding more oil one tablespoon at a time if the pan looks dry. Season the eggplant with salt and pepper. Deglaze the pan with 3 tablespoons of the tamari-vinegar mixture. Continue to sauté for another minute. Spoon the eggplant into a bowl and whip out the skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the clean skillet and set over medium heat. Add in the halved okra and cook until browned and caramelized, about 6-7 minutes. Season the okra with salt and pepper. Deglaze the pan with 3 tablespoons of the tamari-vinegar mixture. Continue to sauté for another minute. Spoon the okra into the bowl with the eggplant.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add the marinara sauce. When hot add in the vegetables and toss to coat. Toss in the noodles, olives and cashews and stir to combine. Divide among four plates.
Today Show Marinara Sauce Recipe
Today Show Marinara Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1/2 bulb fennel, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, small diced
- 1 heaping cup garlic confit, mashed
Today Show Marinara Sauce Directions:
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a large pot set over low heat. When the oil is hot add the diced onion and sliced fennel. Season with salt. Sweat over low heat, stirring to make sure the vegetables do not brown, until the fennel is soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes. Deglaze with the wine, being sure to scrap all the bits from the bottom of the pot. Cook until most of the wine has boiled out, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the miso to the pot and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to distribute.
- Add the canned tomatoes, diced pineapple and mashed garlic. Bring to a simmer and cook until the flavors are well-combined and the tomatoes have begun to break down, about 30 minutes.
Today Show Garlic Confit Recipe
Today Show Garlic Confit Ingredients:
- 1 cup whole, peeled garlic cloves
- 2 cups olive oil
Today Show Garlic Confit Directions:
- Cover garlic with oil in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 50 minutes. Remove from heat. Can be stored in fridge.