Today Show: Joy Bauer Protein Pancakes Recipe
Today contributor and nutritionist Joy Bauer came by to make some healthy, low-cost breakfast foods including her protein pancake, which only costs 65 cents per serving. It’s also really simple, taking about 10 minutes to make and it’s only 265 calories. Sign me up! This recipe makes one large pancake. Joy Bauer described all of her recipes as “simple and delicious.”
Joy Bauer Protein Pancake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup oats, rolled, quick cooking
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar, granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Today Show Protein Pancake Directions
- Spray a skillet with a coat of oil and heat on medium.
- Whip together all ingredients in a bowl and then pour the mixture into the skillet. Cook for about three minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Joy Bauer Wild Salmon & Chickpea Salad
Continuing with her low-cost but healthy theme, this recipe is only 99 cents per serving and about 340 calories. This recipe makes three servings of one cup each.
Joy Bauer Wild Salmon & Chickpea Salad Ingredients
- 6 ounces canned salmon
- 1 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Today Show Wild Salmon & Chickpea Salad Directions
- Mash the salmon in a medium bowl while adding the onion, chickpeas and red pepper.
- Whisk oil and vinegar together in separate bowl. Pour over the salmon mixture, stirring thoroughly.
- Enjoy! You can store this salad for up to two days in the refrigerator.
Joy Bauer Buffalo Chicken With Creamy Blue Cheese Dip
This meal is only $1.39 and 175 calories per serving. And it looks amazing! This recipe makes eight servings.
Joy Bauer Buffalo Chicken With Creamy Blue Cheese Dip Ingredients
For the Buffalo Chicken:
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
For the Creamy Blue Cheese Dip:
- 5 ounces 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (more to taste if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (more to taste if needed)
Today Show Buffalo Chicken With Creamy Blue Cheese Dip Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix paprika, ground red pepper and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Coat tenderloins in sauce and set in a greased baking dish in a single layer.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Mix together dip ingredients until very smooth.