Today Show: Gesine Bullock-Prado
Gesine Bullock-Prado was on Today Show to share some edible holiday gift ideas, like Polka-Dot Cheesecake Sandwich Bars and Candy Cane Toboggans. Also try her Cherry Pistachio Pralines and Marcona Almond Toffee.
Today Show: Gesine Bullock-Prado Polka-Dot Cheesecake Sandwich Bars Recipe Ingredients
Savannah Guthrie was excited about this dessert recipe. Gesine suggested taking a picture with your phone to remember where the perforations in the graham crackers are, which may help you cut it more easily later.
- 18 Graham Cracker Rectangles
- 1 cup Sugar
- Zest & Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 8-oz packages softened Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Cranberry Puree
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 or 3 drops Gel Food Coloring
Gesine Bullock-Prado: Today Show Polka-Dot Cheesecake Sandwich Bars Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 325 F and line a 9” x 13” baking pan using aluminum foil.
- Place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom, breaking them to fit when needed.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar on medium in a mixer. Beat in cream and lemon juice.
- Work in eggs, one at a time. Add lemon zest, flour, and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer one cup of this batter to a small bowl.
- Combine cranberries with water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to boiling and keep stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about five minutes. It should thicken and the cranberries should pop. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Move the cranberry mixture to a food processor and pulse until it becomes smooth. Strain through a sieve and toss out any solids.
- Stir puree with the reserved cup of batter. Add food coloring, if you like. Cover and chill for one hour.
- Use an offset spatula to spread plain batter over the graham cracker crust.
- Spoon mounds of cranberry batter on top of this.
- Top with remaining graham crackers.
- Bake about 40 minutes, and then turn off the oven. Let the dish sit in the oven for another 30 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill about two hours before cutting bars, using the cracker perforations as a guide.
- To gift these, wrap them in plastic and tie each portioned package in a bow.
Today Show: Gesine Bullock-Prado Candy Cane Toboggans Recipe
Gesine told the Today Show team that this is her fastest edible gift idea. You could also use these as placeholders for your holiday meal. Try getting more elaborate and adding ribbon or gumdrops.
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp dried Egg Whites
- 1 package Candy Canes
- 1 package Tea Biscuits
- Combine powdered sugar with egg whites and water until smooth. This makes a frosting that you will use as glue.
- Use frosting to connect tea biscuits to the candy canes and form a sled-like shape.
- For presentation, place the finished product on a small dish of sugar that will look like snow.