Today Show: Sandra Lee
For Today Show’s annual Halloween party, Sandra Lee shared a few ideas you can put together on the spot to keep ghosts and goblins entertained and well-fed. (They have to eat something more than candy!)
Lee celebrated the 15th anniversary of her debut appearance on Today, which led to her work on Food Network.
“This is how you can entertain quickly,” she said. For more inspiration, check out her Blood Orange Martinis and cocktail decorating ideas.
Today Show: Spooky Stuffed Bites Recipe
Look for stuffed baked potatoes and stuffed jalapenos in the frozen section of your grocery store. Warm them up in the oven and add a semi-homemade touch: pipe sour cream over them to make them into mummies. Use sliced olives to create some facial features.
Today Show: Dracula’s Bat Wings Recipe Ingredients
“All you need to do is marinate this for about 10 minutes before you put it in the oven,” Lee said. You can leave the tips on so they look more like bat wings!
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- Garlic bulbs
- 16 whole Chicken Wings
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- Rub Ingredients
- 2 1.25-oz packets Chili Seasoning
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp salt-free All-Purpose Seasoning
- 3 tbsp Garlic granules
- 1 tbsp Salt
Sandra Lee: Dracula’s Bat Wings Recipe Directions
- Combine rub ingredients.
- Preheat oven at 375 F.
- Place a sheet of foil in the bottom of a broiler pan.
- Coat the rack of your pan with cooking spray and place it over the foil.
- Combine seasoning mix with oil and hot sauce in a gallon-size Ziploc bag.
- Put chicken wings in the bag and make sure to turn the so they coat evenly. Marinade for just 10 minutes and toss out the sauce/rub.
- Place wings skin sides down on the rack and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to 425 F.
- Flip the wings over and bake another 25-30 minutes. They should be crispy and cooked through.
- Serve on a platter with garlic bulbs for decoration.
Leave a Reply