Today Show: Ina Garten
Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten made Today Show anchor Tamron Hall’s dreams come true by inviting her to cook a meal in her own glorious kitchen. The day’s menu concluded with a Pumpkin Mousse Parfait, after Baked Ham, Winter Slaw and Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes. You can get more of her tasty ideas in the new cookbook Make It Ahead.
Today Show: Ina Garten Pumpkin Mousse Parfait Recipe Ingredients
What’s for dessert? Ina Garten served up her luscious, layered Pumpkin Mousse Parfait. “I’m trying to fight the tears, ‘cause I do love her so much” Tamron Hall said as she watched the video of her visit back in the studio.
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum
- 1 15-oz can Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups cold Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp unflavored Gelatin Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Whipped Cream
- chopped Ginger Cookies
- Crystallized Ginger
Barefoot Contessa: Today Show Pumpkin Mousse Parfait Recipe Directions
- Put the rum in a heat-safe bowl and sprinkle it with gelatin; let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk pumpkin with brown sugar, orange zest, nutmeg, sugar, orange zest, and salt.
- Set the gelatin bowl over a pan of simmering water, cooking until it becomes clear.
- Then whisk hot gelatin into the pumpkin bowl.
- Use the whisk attachment on an electric mixer to whip cream with vanilla on high to form soft peaks. Then fold whipped cream into the pumpkin.
- Spoon a pumpkin layer into parfait glasses, followed by layers of whipped cream and cookies.
- Repeat the layers, ending with a third and final layer of the pumpkin mixture.
- Plastic wrap and chill for at least four hours, or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and crystallized ginger to serve.