Today Show: Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten
Tamron Hall said that dreams do come true, especially if you work at the Today Show. She recently had the chance to cook with the Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten, in the legendary chef’s home. Together, they made Baked Virginia Ham, Winter Slaw, Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes, and Pumpkin Mousse Parfait.
Hall surprised Garten with at least a dozen of the Barefoot Contessa’s cookbooks, which her family members wanted signed. I can’t fault her for that. If you’re looking for a recommendation, her newest title is Make It Ahead.
Today Show: Barefoot Contessa Baked Virginia Ham Recipe Ingredients
Then it was on to the kitchen, where Hall recalled making Baked Virginia Ham from the first Ina Garten cookbook she ever used. But she dropped it when she took it out of the oven. “Whatever goes on in the kitchen nobody needs to know about,” Garten said.
- 1 15-lb fully cooked, spiral-cut Smoked Ham
- 8 1/2 oz Mango Chutney
- 1 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh Orange Juice
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
- Zest of 1 Orange
Ina Garten: Today Show Baked Virginia Ham Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and put the ham in a roasting pan.
- Mince garlic in a food processor and add chutney, brown sugar, mustard, orange juice and zest. Process to a smooth consistency.
- Pour glaze over the ham and bake about one hour, until ham is heated through and glaze has browned. Serve warm.
Today Show: Ina Garten Winter Slaw Recipe Ingredients
“Because Kale is so tough, what I want to do is just julienne it very thinly,” Garten explained as she taught Hall another Barefoot Contessa recipe. “The salad is so flavorful and so textured,” Tamron Hall said.
- 1/2 lb ribbed Kale leaves
- 1/2 cored head Radicchio
- 1 6-oz piece Parmesan Cheese
- 6 oz trimmed, halved, cored Brussels Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Barefoot Contessa: Today Show Winter Slaw Recipe Directions
- Use a sharp knife to chiffonade the kale, Brussels sprouts, and radicchio into thin strips.
- Whisk lemon juice with olive oil, salt and pepper and use it to very lightly dress the salad.
- Shave Parmesan into large shreds using a vegetable peeler.
- Add Parmesan with cranberries to the salad, tossing gently so you don’t crumble the cheese.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve with the rest of your lemon dressing on the side.
Leave a Reply