Today Show: Jillian Michaels Slim For Life Review
Jillian Micheals has been helping people get fit for over 20 years and she stopped by the Today Show to tell the co-hosts how she is continuing to help everyone get in the best shape of their life with her new book Slim For Life.
In the book, Jillian Michaels said she goes over simple strategies people can use to keep weight off. She said the book is also interactive. At the end of each chapter Michaels has a points system that helps people determine what is going to work for them when they want to lose weight. By using the points system and gauging what they think they can get done in a week, they are able to personalize their own diet plan that will work for them.
Jillian Michaels: Avoiding Diet Pitfalls
Michaels said there are number of things people can do to avoid diet pitfalls.
- Think it through – Michaels said it is important to think about how you are going to feel in a week if you eat a piece of chocolate cake. It is always good to look ahead and ask yourself if you are going to be upset with yourself if you don’t lose any weight this month because of that one piece of cake.
- Crush cravings – The best way to crush your cravings is to indulge. Michaels said it is best to take three bites of a food you are craving and then go do something to take your mind off the food. If the craving doesn’t go away after 10 minutes, take three more bites. Michaels said eventually the cravings will go away.
- Manage stress – Eating foods high in vitamin B, like chicken, will help keep stress down. Michaels said getting enough sleep each night will also keep stress down, keep you feeling healthier and keep you on the road to your weight loss goals.
- Get horizontal – Having fun with your partner in the bedroom is going to keep your spirits high and it may even knock off a few more calories.
- Work out with kids – For any parent out there, Michaels said her best advice for getting in a workout is inviting the kids along. Put them in the bike seat when you go for a bike ride, shoot some hoops with the teenagers or bring along the whole family when the dog goes for a walk.