Kathie Lee & Hoda: Melissa D’Arabian Lactose-Free Recipes
Using lactose-free LACTAID milk, celebrity chef and LACTAID spokesperson Melissa D’Arabian showed us how to cook up some great lactose-free recipes. Melissa’s family is mostly lactose intolerant, so she teamed up with LACTAID to make a Sautéed Spinach With Garlic Recipe and a Chicken In Creamy Mushroom Sauce Recipe, simple dishes that you can whip up any evening.
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Sautéed Spinach With Garlic Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced and peeled garlic cloves
- Pinch red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 3/4 pound baby spinach or roughly chopped large leaf spinach with ribs removed
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Lemon wedges to be used for serving
KLG & Hoda: Sautéed Spinach With Garlic Directions
In a large-size skillet, over a medium heat, warm up the garlic, oil, and red pepper flakes until they are fragrant. This should take about one minute.
- Put half of your spinach in the pan and add all of your salt.
- Toss the spinach with tongs until the leaves wilt. This should take about one minute.
- Add in the remainder of your spinach and repeat, but leave a few raw leaves. This should talk about one minute.
- Drain the spinach with a colander and serve it in medium bowls or plates.
Today Show: Chicken In Creamy Mushroom Sauce Recipe Ingredients
- 2 strips of finely chopped bacon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 4 ounce chicken breast cutlets
- 2 divided tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 small, chopped yellow onion
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of white wine. This is optional.
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 2/3 cup of LACTAID® Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup of frozen green peas. You do not need to thaw these.
- Pepper and salt.
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Chicken In Creamy Mushroom Sauce Directions
- Place bacon in a saute pan and cook it over a high heat until it is crisp, which should take about five minutes.
- Remove the bacon and set it aside, but leave the fat, and put half of your olive oil in the pan.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then, gently pat 1 tablespoon of your flour into the chicken.
- Put the chicken in the pan and allow it to brown, which should take about three minutes on each side.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and plate it.
- Set the stove to medium head and add the remainder of your onions, mushrooms, and oil, cooking them until they are softened and stirring ocassionally. This should take five minutes.
- Add thyme and garlic to the mixture, and cook until it is flagrant, which could take up to one minute.
- Add the rest of your flour and season with salt and pepper, stirring it well.
- To deglaze the pan, add wine to the pan and turn the heat up to high until the wine disappears. This should take about 20 seconds.
- After reducing burner heat to medium, place your LACTID Whole Milk, chicken, stock, and peas.
- Let these simmer, stirring all the ingredients until the sauce is thickened and the chicken thoroughly cooked. This should take about three minutes.
- Serve this dish with quinoa, noodles, or bulgur wheat.