Kathie Lee & Hoda: Ariane Duarte Lemon Turkey Cutlets Recipe
Kathie Lee and Hoda invited Ariane Duarte, the contributing chef to Prevention magazine, to stop by the show and give the co-hosts a hand making some healthy dinner recipes. She came prepared with a turkey recipe that only has 310 calories per serving and an eggplant lasagna recipe you can cook right in your slow cooker.
Ariane Duarte Lemon Turkey Cutlets Recipe
Ariane Duarte Lemon Turkey Cutlets Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 4 boneless, skinless turkey breast cutlets (1 1/4 lb total), halved crosswise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 thin lemon slices (from 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tbsp rinsed and drained capers or pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
Ariane Duarte Lemon Turkey Cutlets Directions:
- Combine flour with 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper in a bowl. Beat egg with 1 tbsp water in a shallow bowl. Dredge turkey in flour mixture. Dip in egg mixture to coat and shake off the excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook until golden brown on all sides and almost cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add lemon slices and capers to skillet and cook, stirring, until lemon is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove lemon to plate. Add wine and then broth and simmer until slightly thickened, about six minutes.
- Return turkey to skillet and stir in butter. Simmer until turkey is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Top with lemon slices.
Ariane Duarte Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
Ariane Duarte Eggplant Lasagna Ingredients:
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 lb), cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 container (15 oz) part-skim ricotta
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 3 1/2 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- 12 whole wheat no-boil lasagna noodles (from 9 oz package)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
Ariane Duarte Eggplant Lasagna Directions:
- Arrange eggplant in single layer on two racks. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Turn slices and repeat process. Briefly rinse eggplant and press firmly between 2 double layers of paper towels to dry.
- Combine ricotta, egg whites, basil, garlic and herb seasoning in a bowl.
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Add 3/4 cup of the warm marinara. Top with 4 noodles and spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles. Add 7 or 8 eggplant slices, overlapping to fit. Add 1 cup marinara and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Repeat with 4 noodles, remaining ricotta, 7 or 8 eggplant slices, 1 cup marinara, and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Top with 4 noodles and remaining 3/4 cup marinara.
- Cover and cook until eggplant is very tender, 4 to 5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese over top. Cover and let stand until cheese melts, 5 minutes.