Kathie Lee & Hoda: The Good Gifts Review
Kathie Lee & Hoda spent some more time promoting Kathie Lee Gifford’s new charity cookbook, The Good Gifts: One Year in the Heart of a Home, which celebrates 20 years at the TV host’s Connecticut home and benefits the Salvation Army.
Previously, Kathie Lee’s sister-in-law visited the show to share a Chocolate Custard Pie from the book. This time, they prepared a Salmon Fillet Recipe from family friend Andy Medina.
Kathie Lee & Hoda disagreed about how well done they prefer their fish. But they both agreed that the finished product was a winner. Hoda called it delicious, while Kathie Lee said it was “the best salmon I’ve ever had in my life.”
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Andy Medina Salmon Fillet with Sundried Tomatoes Recipe Ingredients
Grapeseed Oil has a high heat tolerance, and it won’t change the flavor of your salmon, according to Andy Medina. He said that one key to perfecting recipes is experimentation. Work with the things you like and keep tweaking until you get it just perfect.
- 4 skin-on Salmon Fillets
- 2 tbsp soft Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- 3/4 cup fine chopped Sundried Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- Pam High-Temp Cooking Spray
Today Show: Kathie Lee & Hoda Salmon Fillet with Sundried Tomatoes Recipe Directions
- Let salmon come to room temperature before starting this recipe.
- Mix sundried tomatoes with butter and set them aside for later.
- Preheat a grill or griddle on medium.
- Brush salmon with grapeseed oil and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash.
- Spray your cooking surface with Pam.
- Place fillets on the grill or griddle, with skin sides facing up.
- Grill two to three minutes per side, but do not burn.
- Flip the fillets and grill for three to four minutes. Cover fish with foil until the skin becomes crisp.
- Preheat the oven at 375 F.
- Dress fillets with sundried tomato mixture and place them on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for six or seven minutes, until tomato topping is crisp.
- Serve hot.
Leave a Reply