Kathie Lee & Hoda: Cooking For Large Parties
For those big parties everyone has coming up this summer, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb share Ryan Scott’s Brownies with Butterscotch Sauce Recipe. Ryan also shared a Watermelon & Tomato Salad Recipe, plus a Tipsy Meatballs Recipe.
Ryan Scott: Brownies With Butterscotch Sauce Recipe
Ingredients For The Brownies
- 1/2 cup dark stout beer
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Ingredients For The Butterscotch Sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
Directions For Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-by-9-by-2-inch metal baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang.
- Bring stout to a boil in a medium sauce pan; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Reserve 1/4 cup stout.
- Stir 12 ounces chocolate and 1 cup butter in a medium metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmer water until melted and smooth.
- Whisk sugars, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl to blend.
- Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture, then 1/4 cup stout from pan.
- Fold in flour and 1 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake brownies until surface begins to crack with a tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 35-40 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
Directions For Butterscotch Sauce
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine egg, sugar, corn syrup, water and butter.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until butter melts, sugar dissolves and mixture is thick and smooth.
- Pour warm butterscotch sauce over brownies