Kathie Lee & Hoda: Bobbie Lloyd Magnolia Bakery
Bobbie Lloyd, chief baking officer at Magnolia Bakery in New York, was in the kitchen with Kathie Lee & Hoda for some tempting holiday baking recipes, like Pumpkin Praline Pie, Caramel Apple Lattice Pie, and Vanilla Cupcakes. “This is pie season, so we’re giving it away,” Lloyd said.
Today Show: Magnolia Bakery Pumpkin Praline Pie Recipe Ingredients
“Once this season hits, you’re done with counting calories,” Bobbie Lloyd said. She also sahred some important tips when it comes to pumpkin pie. Don’t over mix. This can cause your pie to crack. Also, don’t overcook a custard pie like this, or it will get grainy.
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/3 cup Ice Water (+1 tbsp)
- 2 sticks cold Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 oz melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup fine chopped Pecans
- 2 tsp Dark Corn Syrup
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Kathie Lee & Hoda: Magnolia Bakery Pumpkin Praline Pie Recipe Directions
- Cut butter into 1/2” cubes for the crust.
- Pulse flour with sugar and salt in a food processor.
- Put water and ice in a measuring cup.
- Pulse butter into the flour mixture until it creates the texture of small peas.
- Slowly add in about 1/3 cup of water, but do not overmix.
- Transfer dough mixture to a clean prep surface to mix by hand; add 1 tbsp water if needed.
- Divide dough into two even discs (about 11.5 oz each). Wrap in plastic and chill at least two hours.
- Roll one dough disc on a flour-dusted prep surface to about 11” in diameter and 1/8” thick.
- Fit dough over a 9” pie pan. Cover with parchment and add baking weights. Chill crust for about 30 minutes.
- Par-bake the chilled shell for 15 minutes at 350 F.
- Mix pumpkin with sugar, milk, nutmeg, butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Work in eggs, one by one, followed by heavy cream. Be careful not to overmix.
- Remove par-baked pie from the oven. Take out parchment and baking weights.
- Turn temperature to 425 F.
- Fill crust with pie filling and set it on a sheet gray.
- Return to oven, baking 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F and bake another 40 minutes, or until set. Use foil if needed to protect the crust from burning.
- Meanwhile, toss pecans with sugar and salt.
- Mix with vanilla and corn syrup.
- Scatter topping over the baked pie filling and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake about 11 minutes, until pecans are aromatic.
- Let pie cool for two hours before serving.
Leave a Reply