Wendy Williams: Sunny Anderson The Kitchen
The Kitchen co-host Sunny Anderson visited Wendy Williams to share some grilling recipes, like a Summer Corn Salad and Southwestern Carne Asada Wraps. Keep reading to learn more about grilling advice.
Wendy Show: Sunny Anderson Grilling Safety Tips
Before getting to the recipes, Sunny talked about important propane grilling tips.
- Keep the grill five feet away from your house, as well as other fire hazards like dry brush or tablecloths.
- Assemble your grill according to manufacturer’s instructions, and follow proper lighting procedures. Open the lid, turn on the gas, and light it. If it goes out, turn off the gas and wait 15 minutes before trying again.
- Be present by your grill to keep an eye on everything while your food is cooking.
Wendy Williams: Sunny Anderson Summer Corn Salad Recipe Ingredients
If you are grilling corn in the husk, soak it overnight first so it doesn’t dry up. Grilling it out of the husk will give the corn a nice char, which Sunny said she likes.
- 4 fresh ears Corn
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 2 heads Belgian Endive
- 1/2 sliced Red Onion
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Sunny Anderson: Wendy Williams Summer Corn Salad Recipe Directions
- Preheat your grill.
- Shuck the corn. Halve endive lengthwise.
- Spread corn and endive on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill corn and endive until just charred (three minutes for endive and five minutes for corn).
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove cooked corn and endive from the grill.
- Slice endive into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Remove kernels from the cobs and discard cobs.
- Stir kernels into the bowl mixture.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve at room temperature.