The View: Joy Behar Quits
In the face of tabloid reports and anonymous rumors, The View co-host and creator Barbara Walters spoke out for the first time about all the rumored changes to the show, including the possibility that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is being shown the door. Joy Behar announced last week that she is leaving The View after 16 1/2 years.
“I don’t like my jobs to last longer than my marriage,” Behar joked. Walters called Joy’s decision bittersweet.
The View: Why Is Joy Behar Leaving The View?
Joy shared a Top 10 list of reasons she is saying goodbye to The View.
- 10. ABC won’t let me drink on the air like Hoda and Kathie Lee.
- 9. The glare from Bill Geddie’s head is giving me migraines.
- 8. I have a pathological fear of catching childhood diseases like mumps from Barbara.
- 7. Steve keeps pressuring me to have a five-way.
- 6. The contact high from sitting next to Whoopi keeps giving me the munchies.
- 5. I find the constant echo coming from Sherri’s cleavage distracting.
- 4. My flings with Wolf Blitzer and Regis make a lot of demands on my time.
- 3. I’m busy producing a new show for Al Jazeera: The Real Housewives of Fallujah County.
- 2. Like Barbara, I’m developing an unhealthy attraction to Elisabeth.
- 1. I’ll finally have a chance to fulfill my dream: going a whole week without putting on a brassiere.
The View: Elisabeth Hasselbeck Fired?
Barbara Walters also addressed the swirling rumors that co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck is being pushed out of the show, because of her conservative views.
“The truth is, we love Elisabeth. I like her personally, and she’s just a wonderful person. But beyond that, we value and appreciate her point of view,” Walters said. “Elisabeth helps give this show perspective and balance…. We have no plans for Elisabeth to leave this show.”
The View: Barbara Walters Retiring?
However, Barbara Walters told each of her co-hosts that they are always free to leave the table and pursue other passions or callings. “Right now, the only person who cannot leave this show is me,” she said.
Do you think that Elisabeth will suspiciously ‘decide to leave on her own terms’ by the end of the summer? Or is this all simply speculation and rumor? What do you think of all this chatter about The View?
The View: Brooke Shields Co-Host?
Recent guest co-host Brooke Shields is being reported as a possible new addition to The View panel. Will she be taking Joy Behar’s place, or joining the panel if another spot opens up? I guess we are going to have to wait awhile to find out about that, given Barbara’s reserved remarks this morning..
The View: Lisa Ling Baby
Former View co-host Lisa Ling recently had another baby, so Whoopi Goldberg issued a warning to anyone else thinking about leaving: you could end up getting pregnant.
Lisa Ling is the host of her own show on OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network.