The Talk: Chef Tre Wilcox
YouTube chef Tre Wilcox was in the kitchen on The Talk to make some delicious treats that are great for tailgating or parties, like his Pulled Pork Tacos and Mini Custard desserts.
The Talk: Tre Wilcox Mini Chocolate-Cardamom Custard Recipe Ingredients
This dessert can be easy to make ahead of time, and the fragrance from the cardamom will really put it over the top for you.
- 1 cup 70% Chocolate
- 2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground Cardamom
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Gelatin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Tre Wilcox: The Talk Mini Chocolate-Cardamom Custard Recipe Directions
- Combine chocolate with cocoa powder, cayenne, cream, sugar, and salt in a pan on medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk milk with gelatin and let it stand to bloom for about five minutes.
- Mix the milk with the chocolate and tweak the seasonings as you like.
- Transfer to 4-oz molds or ramekins.
- Let set for at least eight hours, or overnight.
- Serve cold with your choice of toppings, such as chopped bananas, nuts, and honey.
The Talk: Tre Wilcox Crispy Tofu Wonton Nachos Recipe
The Talk co-hosts also snacked on a delicious treat of Tofu Wonton Nachos that are a great party treat.
- 1 lb drained, dried Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 tbsp minced Garlic cloves
- 2 oz ground Cumin
- 1 oz Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Black Beans
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup diced Red Onion
- 1 oz ground Coriander
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro leaves
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Wonton Chips
- Dice tofu into 1/4” cubes.
- Saute tofu with onion and garlic in olive oil, cooking until it’s tender.
- Add in seasonings with hot sauce, beans, lime juice, tomato sauce, and cilantro.
- Mix well, letting it simmer for about 17-19 minutes.
- Serve hot over fried wonton chips as a great snack.