The Talk: Wolfgang Puck
For the last 19 years, Chef Wolfgang Puck has been creating the menu for the Academy Awards Governors Ball, the official after party on the biggest night in movies. Puck brought some of his creations to The Talk, so people at home can experience the fancy foods like bacon wrapped dates and even a Hollywood version of chicken pot pie.
The Talk: Oscars After Party
Puck said that the party has changed from more of a formal dinner to an affair that is all about mingling. To help you prepare for party guests, he suggested making foods ahead of time when possible. Most of these Oscar party ideas can be prepared in advance to save you time.
He is also making chocolate Oscars sprayed with edible gold paint for the big party, but he did not share the recipe for that one.
The Talk: Live Love Eat App Review
You can download Wolfgang Puck’s app, Live Love Eat, free on Android and iPhone.
The Talk: Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe Ingredients
- 18 large Dates, pitted and cut lengthwise
- 18 pieces Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices Bacon, cut in thirds
Wolfgang Puck Bacon Wrapped Dates Directions
- Preheat oven to 450 and place rack in the middle.
- Insert cheese into each date. Wrap bacon around date, securing to dates with toothpicks.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and cook five minutes. Turn over and cook until crisp, about another five minutes.
- Let drain quickly before serving.
The Talk: Truffled Chicken Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 3 lb. Chicken
- 1 gallon Chicken Stock
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Yellow Onions
- 2 stalks Celery
- Thyme & Bay Leaf
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche
- 2 tbsp Black Truffle Oil
- 1/4 cup Black Truffle, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Puff Pastry
- Eggs for wash
Wolfgang Puck Chicken Pot Pie Directions
- Create chicken stock by combining first six ingredients in a pot and boiling. Then simmer two hours, skimming fat occasionally.
- Remove chicken to cool. Strain stock and skim fat. Use one quart for the next stage of the process. Reserve the rest.
- Make a roux using the butter; then whisk in flour. Heat on low for five minutes, whisking constantly.
- Add in chicken stock and bring veloute to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer five minutes until thick.
- Strain and add truffle oil, chopped truffle, and creme fraiche.
- Whisk vigorously, seasoning with salt, pepper, and optional lemon juice.
- Add more stock if it is too thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Let all ingredients cool before beginning this stage.
- Combine veloute mixture, leftover stock veggies, and chicken in a bowl.
- Combine veggies from stock with 18 slices of Black Truffle and cooked chicken meat.
- Portion contents into ramekins or containers, covering them with puff pastry that overlaps the edges.
- Brush pastry with egg wash to secure over each ramekin or dish.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes, glazing with additional egg wash halfway.
Optionally, you could also make a smaller number of large pies instead of ramekin serving sizes.