The Talk: Chef Roy Yamaguchi
Chef Roy Yamaguchi is a Hawaiian fusion cuisine expert, and you may know him from the Roy’s Restaurant chain, celebrating its 25th anniversary. To celebrate, he made restaurant dishes including the Misoyaki Butterfish Recipe and a Melting Hot Chocolate Souffle Recipe.
Do you think The Talk co-hosts ever make any of the recipes at home after learning them on the show?
The Talk: Hawaii Food and Wine Festival
More than 60 chefs are coming together for the third annual Hawaii Food and Wine Festival. Chefs will be making foods that are native to the state and the festival helps to promote the local economy and tourism partners. This year’s Hawaii Food and Wine Festival will be held in September 2013.
The Talk: Misoyaki Butterfish Recipe Ingredients
- 4 Cod Fillets (or Salmon)
- 1 cup Sake
- 1 cup Mirin
- 1 1/2 lb Sugar
- 1 1/4 lb Shiro Miso Paste
The Talk: Chef Roy’s Misoyaki Butterfish Directions
- Bring ingredients to a simmer.
- Cook marinade ingredients to a color of caramel. Then let cool.
- Let fish sit in refrigerated marinade for 24 hours.
- Sear fish on medium low until browned and fully cooked.
The Talk: Chef Roy Yamaguchi Fish Sauce Recipe Ingredients
- 8 oz Onion
- 8 oz Daikon
- 8 oz Bell Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro
- 1 oz Scallion
- 1 oz Ginger
- 8 oz Soy Sauce
- 8 oz Vegetable Stock
- 6 oz Soy Bean Oil
- 4 oz Rice Wine Vinegar
- Black Pepper
The Talk: Chef Roy Yamaguchi Fish Sauce Directions
- Pulverize the daikon and onion. Mince the remaining fresh ingredients.
- Place fresh ingredients in a pan.
- Heat soy bean oil in a saute pan until smoking.
- Spoon hot oil into the pan containing fresh ingredients. Let sizzle to draw out flavors.
- Add vegetable stock (heated), soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Season to taste. Remove extra oil.
- Chill before serving.
The Talk: Roy’s Classic Melting Hot Chocolate Souffle Recipe
This is a classic dessert at the Roy’s chain of restaurants, and now you can try it at home.
- 1 cup & 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 8 oz Semisweet Dark Chocolate
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 12 tbsp Butter
- 1 lb Frozen Raspberries
The Talk: Roy’s Classic Melting Hot Chocolate Souffle Recipe Directions
- Combine cornstarch with sugar.
- Mix eggs and yolks together in a bowl.
- Simmer butter and add chocolate.
- Mix chocolate until smooth and slightly simmering.
- Mix chocolate with cornstarch mixture.
- Add eggs and beat until sugar dissolves.
- Let refrigerate overnight.
- To make the sauce, combine raspberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Puree in a blender; strain to remove seeds.
- Return to stove and bring to a boil again.
- Remove and chill before use.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare four oven-safe souffle rings.
- Place each ring on parchment paper and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Fill each ring to about 2/3 capacity.
- Bake for up to 30 minutes.
- Transfer baked desserts to a plate to cool.
- Serve cake with ice cream and raspberry sauce.