The Talk: Jessica Collins
Daytime fans know her as Avery Bailey Clark in CBS’s long-running soap The Young and the Restless, but actress Jessica Collins is also a trained chef who graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in 2009. Try her leftovers idea for Pilgrim’s Pie or Pumpkin Bread Pudding.
The Talk: Jessica Collins Pilgrim’s Pie Recipe
“It’s like a Shepherd’s Pie, so we’re taking all the leftovers and just layering them into one dish,” Collins said of her Pilgrim’s Pie Recipe, even though Sheryl Underwood was more concerned about the latest sudsy developments on Y&R.
I think this is a great idea, and since you are using leftovers, it is probably never the same twice.
Just use whatever you have left over the day after Thanksgiving. Everything can work: turkey, stuffing, vegetables, potatoes, and whatever else you want to use up.
- Preheat oven at 350 F and prepare a baking dish.
- Chop meat (such as turkey) into bite-size pieces.
- Layer leftovers in the baking dish, starting with stuffing and ending with mashed potatoes.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until heated through. Cover with foil to prevent the potatoes from browning too much during reheating.
The Talk: Jessica Collins Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe Ingredients
This dessert option is a wonderful use for your leftover bread and rolls after a huge holiday meal.
Collins admitted she uses her castmates as taste testers when experimenting with new recipes.
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 6 cups Bread or Rolls (in 1” cubes)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 15-oz can 100% pure Pumpkin
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted Pecans
Jessica Collins: The Talk Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Prepare a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Whisk eggs until fluffy.
- Then add cream, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt, mixing well.
- Stir in breadcrumbs and pecans until mixed. Let rest for five minutes so bread can soak up the flavors.
- Put everything into the baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes, until firm to touch.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or caramel if desired.