The Talk: Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven
The Talk: Wolfgang Puck Whole Roasted Turkey Recipe Ingredients
Puck said that people have different preferences in terms of turkey size. “Turkey without the gravy is not a turkey,” according to the chef.
Wolfgang Puck has his own product, a pressure-cooking oven, which he said cooks a turkey in just 55 minutes. But you can always do this the old-fashioned way in a traditional oven.
- 20 lb free range organic Turkey
- 3 organic Carrots (cut in 1” pieces)
- 2 organic Sweet Potatoes (roughly chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/2 lb Sweet Butter
- 2 Yellow Onions (cut in 1” pieces)
- 4 stalks Celery (cut in 1” pieces)
- 3 tbsp chopped Rosemary
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Wolfgang Puck: The Talk Whole Roasted Turkey Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Remove neck, liver, and giblets from the turkey.
- Wash the bird in cold water and pat dry.
- Mix 1/2 lb butter with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Separate breast meat from skin and insert the rosemary butter.
- Put the onion, carrots, garlic, celery, giblets, liver, and neck in the roasting pan. Set turkey on top. Rub meat with olive oil and place in the oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes. Baste every 20 minutes after that, cooking for 15-20 minutes per pound, to an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Let turkey rest after roasting.
- Add pomegranate juice to roasting pan and simmer 10 minutes.
- Strain juices into a small saucepan. Use a ladle to remove fat and let sauce thicken on medium heat.
- Arrange turkey on a platter and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of sauce over the turkey. Serve with extra sauce for passing at the table.