The Talk Food Festival: Susan Feniger
The Talk: Susan Feniger Watermelon Ceviche Recipe
Could things get any more creative than this vegan Watermelon Ceviche? The ingredient list even includes corn nuts.
- 1/2 cup diced Watermelon
- 1 tbsp diced Red Onion
- 1 tbsp chopped Corn Nuts
- 3 tbsp diced Avocado
- 1 tsp soaked Pickle Chipotle
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dressing
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Tangerine Juice
- 3/4 cup Chipotle Vinegar (1 cup Red Wine Vinegar + 2 dried, seeded Chipotle Chiles)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Toss salad ingredients and adjust salt to taste.
Susan Feniger: The Talk Cayenne Lime Corn on the Cob Recipe Ingredients
This corn on the cob has a Border Grill spin.
- 6 ears Sweet Corn, in husks
- 1 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1 tsp Salt
The Talk: Susan Feniger Cayenne Lime Corn on the Cob Recipe Directions
- Preheat grill on medium high.
- Remove corn silks but leave husks intact.
- Soak corn in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain corn and close husks.
- Arrange corn cobs on heated grill, cooking 12 minutes and turning often.
- Remove cobs from grill to cool.
- Melt butter with cayenne pepper.
- Add lime juice and salt to the butter.
- Once cobs can be handled, pull back husks and brush with butter.
- Serve immediately.
The Talk: Susan Feniger Cumin Vinaigrette Recipe
Instead of Cayenne Lime butter, you could season the corn with this Cumin Vinaigrette.
- 2 tbsp toasted Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp warm Honey
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Puree ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Brush vinaigrette onto roasted corn (or serve as a salad dressing).