The Talk: Vic Casanova
The Talk welcomed Vic Casanova to share some tailgate ideas, including his Whipped Ricotta Meatballs and delicious Pistola Cannoli Recipe.
Casanova appeared on Iron Chef America, and he is executive chef and owner at the L.A. restaurants Gusto and Pistola.
The Talk: Vic Casanova Whipped Ricotta Meatballs Recipe Ingredients
Vic was prepared for the obligatory flirtation with Sheryl Underwood, who quizzed him about the ingredient list but could not help herself when it came to meatball-related puns as she assisted with this recipe.
Slowly adding the milk to the ricotta helps achieve the perfect creamy consistency. Vic also showed off a trick: place each meatball on a spoon and use that to lower it into the pan so it doesn’t splash.
- 5 1/2 oz Ground Beef
- 2 1/2 oz mild Italian Pork Sausage
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 tsp ground Chili Flakes
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 1/2 oz Ground Pork
- 1/2 minced Onion
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1 tbsp minced Italian Parsley
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 quart canned Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
Whipped Ricotta Ingredients
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
Vic Casanova: The Talk Whipped Ricotta Meatballs Recipe Directions
- Combine all meatball ingredients and mix well. Don’t be afraid to use your hands and get messy!
- Portion the mixture into 2-oz meatballs (you can use an ice cream scoop or melon baller to help create a uniform size).
- Fry meatballs in hot oil to golden brown. Let rest.
- Run canned tomatoes through a food mill to make tomato sauce.
- Cook meatballs in sauce on the stove for about half an hour to get everything heated through.
- In a food processor, work ricotta cheese with heavy cream and salt until whipped.
- Serve meatballs over a bed of whipped ricotta and sprinkled with extra cheese.