The Talk: Chef Vic Casanova
The Talk Tailgate welcomed Vic Casanova to the show, where he shared tasty treats like Whipped Ricotta Meatballs, Tuscan Fries, and Pistola Cannoli.
The Talk: Vic Casanova Pistola Cannoli Recipe Ingredients
“It’s one of my best desserts at Pistola,” Vic Casanova said, referring to one of his two Los Angeles restaurants. He garnished these with pistachios and chocolate chips, but you can use your own favorite finishes when you try this Pistola Cannoli recipe.
- 2 cups Cake Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Rum
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Egg Wash
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp Water
Ricotta Filling Ingredients
- 8 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
Vic Casanova: The Talk Cannoli Recipe Directions
- Combine dough ingredients for the cannoli in a stand mixer using the dough hook attachment. Add water to achieve the right consistency. Let dough rest for about 15 minutes.
- Roll dough out on a flour-dusted prep surface to about 1/4” thick.
- Use a cutter to cut dough in rounds and wrap it around cannoli rods.
- Apply egg wash so the edges stick, and brush it on each cannoli.
- Fry at 325 F for about three minutes, until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
- Combine filling ingredients in a food processor.
- Once smooth, transfer to a piping bag and carefully fill the cannoli shells once they are cool enough to handle.
The Talk: Vic Casanova Tuscan Fries Recipe
Try this easy way to jazz up a snack or appetizer of fries with just a few spices. You won’t believe how easy this can be.
- 5 oz Shoestring Fries
- 3 tbsp minced Basil
- 3 tbsp minced Rosemary
- 3 tbsp minced Parsley
- 3 tbsp minced Thyme
- 1 minced clove Garlic
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Toss herbs with garlic and olive oil in a bowl to combine.
- Cook fries in a fryer until golden brown.
- Immediately season with salt.
- Dress fries with herb mixture and garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano to serve.