The Talk Food Festival: Curtis Stone for Unichef
Chef Curtis Stone, who just welcomed a second child to his family, joined Hilary Gumbel on The Talk to promote the charity cookbook Unichef. They shared some delightful recipes from the book, like Bacon Marmalade Shrimp and these Hot Chocolate Ice Cream Floats.
Stone’s Beverly Hills restaurant Maude was recently honored by LA Weekly as the city’s best new restaurant.
The Talk: Hilary Gumbel Unicef
Hilary Gumbel has been married to broadcaster Bryant Gumbel for 12 years, and she loves that he enjoys cooking, because he still makes her a frittata every weekend.
Gumbel thanked her mother for coming up with the clever pun Unichef as the cookbook’s title. In her travels with the organization, Hilary said that she noticed food is a unifier in every culture. She hoped the recipes from talented chefs would bring familes together.
The Talk: Unichef Hot Chocolate Ice Cream Floats Recipe Ingredients
This recipe could be your new favorite dessert during the cooler months of the year. Curtis Stone suggested doing this after Trick or Treating, but I think it could go great as a treat anytime through the early spring!
- 1 1/3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Amaretto
- 4 oz chopped Dark Chocolate
- 1 pint Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream
Unichef: The Talk Hot Chocolate Ice Cream Floats Recipe Directions
- Mix milk and sugar in a saucepan on medium heat, almost simmering until sugar is dissolved.
- Set chocolate in a metal bowl over the saucepan to create a double boiler and melt the chocolate into a smooth consistency. (Just remember that the milk is working underneath.)
- Whisk melted chocolate into the hot milk.
- Whisk heavy cream in a bowl to make soft peaks.
- Scoop ice cream into four serving bowls.
- Pour hot chocolate mixture over the ice cream.
- Top with fresh whipped cream to serve.