The Talk: Tory Johnson
The Shift author Tory Johnson visited The Talk to share some of the recipes that have helped her to lose more than 80 pounds. Get her recipes for Cauliflower Fried Rice and Crustless Quiche.
You might know her from Steals and Deals on Good Morning America. As a chronic dieter, she finally found a solution by changing her mind.
The Talk: Tory Johnson Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe Ingredients
This fried rice is much healthier for you than the traditional version, and it’s “one of my favorite things in the world,” Tory Johnson said. The average restaurant serving of fried rice has 40 carbs, whereas this version comes in about about 12 carbs.
Johnson said you can also use cauliflower as a mashed potato alternative. What’s even better for Johnson is that her husband loves to help out with the cooking.
- 2 tbsp frozen Peas
- 2 tbsp diced Red Bell Peppers
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp low sodium Soy Sauce + 1 tsp
- 1/2 cup grated Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Egg
- sliced Green Onion
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
Tory Johnson: The Talk Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe Directions
- Place peas in a bit of water and microwave in a bowl for about 40 seconds.
- Mix peas with cauliflower, garlic, bell peppers, 1 tbsp soy sauce, white pepper, and salt. Toss well and reserve.
- Mix egg with 1 tsp soy sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan on high. Gently pour in the egg and fry until set. Flip and fry on the other side until fully cooked.
- Slice egg on a cutting board.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil on medium high in the pan.
- Cook cauliflower mix for four or five minutes, tossing in the sliced egg at the very end.
- Garnish with green onions to serve.