The Talk: Susan Feniger
Susan Feniger, whose Border Grill has recently opened a new location at the Forum Shops at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, visited The Talk with some Thanksgiving recipes. Check out her Grilled Turkey and Candied Pumpkin Ice Cream Sundaes.
Sheryl Underwood referred to Susan Feniger’s menu as a “south of the border Thanksgiving.”
The Talk: Susan Feniger Grilled Turkey with Cracked Pepper Sauce Recipe Ingredients
Choosing turkey breast can help you save cooking time and effort, especially if you are preparing a meal for a smaller group.
Susan Feniger said you can put a kitchen towel in a circle on a cutting board around your peppercorns and crack them by firmly pressing down using the bottom of a pan. “You want a large crack,” she said of the technique.
- 2 1/4 lb raw Turkey Breast (cut in thin scallops)
- 2 diced Red Onions
- 2 cups Turkey Stock
- 7 1/2 tbsp cold Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Susan Feniger: The Talk Grilled Turkey with Cracked Pepper Sauce Recipe Directions
- Cover turkey slices in plastic wrap. Pound with a mallet to flatten them.
- Sprinkle turkey slices with salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat your grill or broiler.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter on low in a skillet and cook onions with some salt. Stir and shake the pan for about 15 minutes, until onions turn golden.
- Add vinegar and cracked pepper. Turn heat to high and let liquid reduce by half.
- Cut the rest of the butter into thin slices.
- Turn stove heat to low and slowly whisk the butter, a bit at a time, into the sauce.
- Take sauce off the heat.
- Grill or broil turkey slices for less than one minute per side.
- Serve with greens and cracked pepper sauce.
The Talk: Susan Feniger Fresh Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- 1 lb Cranberries
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 3 peeled, seeded, diced Oranges
- 1 bunch chopped Cilantro
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 peeled, diced Granny Smith Apples
- 4 stemmed, diced Serrano Chiles
- 1 bunch chopped Green Onions
- Cut cranberries to a fine chop.
- Toss cranberries in a bowl and mix everything.
- Let stand one hour at room temperature.
- Chill until serving time.