The Talk Food Festival: Sunny Anderson
To celebrate Halloween, The Talk co-hosts dressed up as classic horror movie characters. Anderson got in on the act as well, dressing as the Wolfman.
Anderson’s latest cookbook is called Sunny’s Kitchen, and you can watch her work her magic every weekend on the Food Network series The Kitchen.
The Talk: Sunny Anderson Candy Bar and Bacon Rolls Recipe Ingredients
If you’re making them before Halloween (or just like the horror motif), Sunny said you can call them Candy Bar Coffins.
- 1 tube Croissant Dough
- 1 cup chopped Chocolate Candy Bars (Snickers or Butterfinger)
- 4 cooked slices crispy, chopped Bacon
Sour Cream Wash Ingredients
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- Turbinado Sugar
Sunny Anderson: The Talk Candy Bar and Bacon Rolls Recipe Directions
- Roll out the dough on a flour-dusted prep surface. Separate it into four rectangles.
- Where the dough is perforated diagonally, pinch it together so that the seal holds.
- Use a rolling pin to go over the dough one time in each direction. Repeat these steps for each of the four dough sections.
- Mix bacon with candy bars and divide the filling into four equal parts.
- Place filling in a spot in the center of the dough, running its length.
- Pull the remaining dough from the edges over the filling in the middle.
- Arrange dough on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Mix sour cream with water to create a glue-like consistency.
- Brush this sour cream glue over the top of each roll, like an egg wash.
- Sprinkle sugar and salt on top.
- Bake 17-19 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing into four pieces and serving.