The Talk: Soleil Moon Frye
Home Made Simple host Soleil Moon Frye was on The Talk to share her ideas for keeping kids entertained at Thanksgiving. Check out her ideas for Turkey Tenders with Cranberry Dipping Sauce and custom mashed potatoes. You can watch more of her suggestions in Home Made Simple, Saturdays on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network.
The Talk: Soleil Moon Frye Thanksgiving Craft Ideas
Try painting and decorating pinecones with your kids to decorate the house or table for your meal. You can use them as place card holders. Go crazy with craft paints, glitter, and whatever else you have handy. Get out those craft supplies that you always intend to use. Now is your chance.
Another idea is to let guests write what they are thankful for on stones, using a metallic pen. What a fun idea!
The Talk: Soleil Moon Frye Turkey Tenders Recipe with Cranberry Dipping Sauce Ingredients
This recipe could work well with chicken also, but for Thanksgiving, why not go with turkey? I love the idea of the cranberry dipping sauce, and Soleil said that she loves to give her kids some choices when it comes to dips. I can see why kids would enjoy having those options.
- 2 lb boneless, skinless Turkey Breast
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cranberry Dip Ingredients
- 2 cups fresh Cranberries
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
Soleil Moon Frye: The Talk Turkey Tenders with Cranberry Dipping Sauce Recipe Directions
- Combine sauce ingredients on medium high in a saucepan.
- Reduce and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until thickened (cranberries should burst).
- Remove cinnamon stick and puree sauce. Let it cool before serving time.
- Cut turkey breasts into strips about 1” (or the size of your kids’ favorite chicken fingers). Add salt.
- Heat a skillet on medium high and saute turkey in oil for about seven minutes on each side, until crisp.
The Talk: Soleil Moon Frye Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 peeled, halved Russet Potatoes
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 stick Salted Butter
- Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Boil a pot of water and add the potatoes to it. Let them boil until they are soft.
- Drain water and add remaining ingredients to the potatoes.
- Mash and adjust seasonings to taste. Add more milk or sour cream to achieve your preferred consistency.