The Talk: Michael Lomonaco
Chef Michael Lomonaco joined the ladies of The Talk in New York City to make his Triple Chocolate Brownies Recipe with a few surprises in the peanut butter frosting. As an entree, he prepared Skirt Steak Tacos.
The Talk: Michael Lomonaco Triple Chocolate Brownies Recipe Ingredients
“I’m a chocoholic. I think about chocolate all the time,” Chef Michael Lomonaco said as he introduced his Triple Chocolate Brownies. Finish them off with a Peanut Butter Frosting.
- 1 lb chopped Unsweetened Chocolate
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Double Action Baking Powder
- 12 oz Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 2 oz Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients
- 6 oz Unsweetened Chocolate, in chunks
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 oz chopped Reese’s Pieces
Michael Lomonaco: The Talk Triple Chocolate Brownies Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Melt butter with unsweetened chocolate in the microwave. Use a spatula to help it smooth. Then completely cool.
- In a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to beat the eggs on low. Slowly add sugar and beat until thick and pale yellow.
- Stir in melted chocolate with vanilla and salt until well-mixed.
- Sift flour with baking powder and cocoa.
- Use a spatula to stir flour and cocoa into the egg mixture. Then add white chocolate chips.
- Prepare a baking pan and pour in the brownie mix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let brownies cool before frosting.
- Cut into squares for serving.
Peanut Butter Frosting Directions
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Stir evaporated milk with sugar, water, and egg.
- Add a small portion of melted chocolate to the milk, letting it temper.
- Then slowly pour the milk mix into the chocolate, still over the double boiler.
- Cook for about 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Take off heat and transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Use the paddle attachment to beat the chocolate mixture for about 20 minutes, until it has completely cooled.
- Stir in Reese’s Pieces and chill for several hours before use.