The Talk Food Festival: Marcel Vigneron
The Talk welcomed Chef Marcel Vigneron to the kitchen to demonstrate a foolproof way to serve moist, delicious chicken. The Top Chef star is known for his “daring culinary style,” and he put it to work with the ladies.
This Sous Vide Chicken Recipe will be featured June 24 at a pop-up restaurant coming to Sushi Roku in Los Angeles, as part of a special menu.
The Talk: Marcel Vigneron Summer Menu
Sous Vide is a cooking method that keeps things moist and infuses the flavors you use. Think about making a simple salad of tomato wedges, cubed melon, quinoa and feta as a fresh, salty and sweet appetizer.
He referred to the potatoes as salty balls, because they are rich in sea salt, especially if you cook them in salt water.
The Talk: Marcel Vigneron Sous Vide Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 5 skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 sliced nob skin-on Ginger
- 10 Peppercorns
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 sliced Lemons
- 1 grated nob Turmeric
- 8 sprigs Thyme
- 2 stalks Lemongrass
- 3 lb Tri-Colored Peewee Potatoes
- 1 liter Water
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 bunch Chives
Marcel Vigneron: The Talk Sous Vide Chicken Recipe Directions
- Seal the chicken with its ingredients in a gallon plastic bag with a zip top.
- Submerge in water to force out the air before sealing the bag.
- Place in a pot of water at 140 F and cook for one hour and 45 minutes.
- Separately, arrange a layer of potatoes in a deep saute pan.
- Add bay leaf, salt, and water. As water evaporates, shake potatoes to form a glaze.
- Shake and heat so that the salt crystalizes.
- Cook until all water has evaporated.
- Serve potatoes with sour cream, and chives.
Marcel Vigneron: The Talk Life’s a Peach, Let’s Get Smashed Cocktail Recipe
Wash it all down with this cocktail to round out the menu.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1/2 oz Ginger Syrup
- 3/4 oz Peach Puree
- 1 oz Lemon
- 1/2 oz Mint Simple Syrup
- Shake ingredients over ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with mint, flaked salt, and a peach slice.