The Talk: David Walzog Lakeside
Chef David Walzog from Lakeside at Wynn Las Vegas was on The Talk to make summer fish dishes, like an Heirloom Tomatoes & Basil presentation. Also try his Iberico Ham & Mixed Melons, along with a Frozen Mai Tai for dessert.
The Talk: David Walzog Skinless Fish Recipe
- 1 5 oz portion Alaskan Halibut (or other skinless fish) per person
- Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil on medium high and place fish in the pan, cooking two minutes.
- Flip and reduce heat to medium, cooking another 90 seconds to two minutes.
- Let cooked fish rest on a paper-towel lined plate.
The Talk: Chef David Walzog Mixed Melons, Iberico Ham & Aged Sherry Recipe Ingredients
- 5 oz assorted Melons per serving
- 1 tsp Fennel Pollen
- Juice & Zest of 1 Lime
- 10 oz sliced Iberico Ham (or use Prosciutto)
- 2 tsp Lemon Infused Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Aged Sherry Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 sprigs Cilantro
- 10 sprigs Parsley
David Walzog: The Talk Mixed Melons, Iberico Ham & Aged Sherry Recipe Directions
- Combine melons with lime ingredients, fennel, and lemon oil in a bowl.
- Stir, cover, and reserve.
- Roast 2 oz sliced Iberico Ham on a parchment-lined baking tray at 275 F for about 40 minutes, to crisp; rotate the tray during cooking.
- Place melons in the center of each plate.
- Top with cooked fish.
- Add more melon and some of the unroasted ham atop the fish.
- Crumble crisped ham over this and drizzle with oil and vinegar.
The Talk: David Walzog Frozen Mai Tai Recipe
For dessert, why not enjoy a Frozen Mai Tai?
- 1 lb fresh Pineapple
- 5 oz Orange Juice
- 8 oz Coconut Sorbet
- 1/3 cup Jamaican Dark Rum
- quartered Pineapple slices
- Pineapple leaves
- Combine ingredients in a blender.
- Serve in a small, hollow pineapple or a rocks glass, with choice of garnishes.