The Talk: Fabio’s American Home Kitchen Review
His latest cookbook features some of the favorites he has learned to love over the past decade in the United States. “The reality is that now I love American food,” Vivani said. Get more of his favorites, with an Italian twist, in Fabio’s American Home Kitchen.
The Talk: Fabio Viviani Fava Bean Mint Hummus Recipe
Viviani said that Fava Beans are great, especially if you can find them in season. If not, go frozen or substitute a different type of bean. It comes together very quickly in the food processor.
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup rinsed, drained (canned) Garbanzo Beans
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped Mint leaves
- 2 1/2 cups frozen shelled Fava Beans
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Place baking soda in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil.
- Add fava beans to boiling water and cook five minutes before draining.
- In a food processor, work fava beans, Parmesan, olive oil, chickpeas, garlic, sour cream, and mint into a paste.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to one week. Serve drizzled with olive oil.
The Talk: Fabio Viviani Fresh Berry Pound Cake Recipe Ingredients
This delicious cake does not keep it light, but it can be topped with fresh fruit! Try heating it up for serving. Fabio said that 10-15 seconds in the microwave will wake it up again.
- 1 lb softened Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 10 lightly beaten room temperature Eggs
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- Fresh Berries
- Whipped Cream
Fabio Viviani: The Talk Fresh Berry Pound Cake Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven at 325 F and prepare two loaf pans.
- Use the paddle on a stand mixer to whip butter with sugar on medium high. It should come out light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium and beat vanilla into the mix.
- Add eggs in a total of three batches, fully mixing after each addition.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and work in flour in four batches.
- Add salt and mix a final time.
- Then divide batter between the loaf pans, using a spoon.
- Bake about one hour, or until the tines of a fork come out clean.
- Serve topped with fresh berries and whipped cream.